Thursday 25 February 2016

W7 In The Nude

This is the W7 In The Nude palette. This contains 12 eye shadows which have a pink undertones. This is most well known as the dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette, but I don't want this to be another dupe post so i'll assess it on its own. W7 is a UK based brand which is cruelty free and not tested on animals, the brand was launched in 2002 and now has many product in their line. This palette is available online for £9.99 direct from W7 HERE. This is also readily available from Amazon and other online stores. It is also available from Argos in the UK for £7.49 find the link HERE.

The package is made of metal, the back of the packaging tell you the names of the shades and the ingredients. I have had this palette for around 12 months and have really enjoyed it. 

Here are the shades in the pans. The palette comes with a brush which is pretty useless, this was thrown in the bin months ago. The eye shadows contain 3 matte shades, 8 metallic shades and one glitter based shade. 

The shades are pretty and feminine. The only thing I would mention about the shades is with such a warm pink undertone this is a difficult color for many people to pull off. I find pink pretty but it can make other people look like they have irritated eyes. 

Here are the swatches and the palette. I will list the shades from left to right and describe the texture and ease of application. All eye shadows were applied using a damp brush and using a sticky eye shadow base (I use a base with all eye shadows). 

Latte- The lightest shade in the pallet, you almost cannot see it as it is the same shade as my own skin almost. This is a matte shade and did take a few swipes for true pigmentation to show. 
Angel- This is my favorite shade in the whole palette! This is the glitter shade in the pallet and is a baby pink with silver glitter. This does have a lot of glitter fall out if using a dry brush with no base. I prefer to apply this with my finger over a primer base.
Venice- a beautiful metallic warm beige shade. I love this so much!
Marilyn- The second of the matte shades is super pretty, easy to apply with little fall down. 
Copper pot- A very light pink with a beautiful sheen. A really pretty metallic.
Sun Kissed- Is a golden shade with a stunning metallic finish. 
Alice- The final shade which is matte. This is so, so beautiful. It is a warm deep pink almost purple shade. So pretty on anyone. 
Bad Manners- A very easy to use brown, easy to blend and build. 
Coffee Cup- I am obsessed with this color it is so pretty. The perfect warm deep brown. This has a metallic finish.
Mud Slide- A warm purple tone shade with a beautiful metallic finish. 
Tokyo- A beautiful cool purple shade with a silver undertone with a metallic finish.  
Fashionista- The darkest shade in the palette! This shade is a deep dark plumb color with a dark pink glitter. The glitter is no where near as much as Angel but it does show up on the eye lids. Although this has glitter in it this has a metallic sheen.


Overall I really like this palette. I think it is pretty and girly with some beautiful shades. I am so in love with the shade Alice!  They are easy to work with, easy to blend and long wearing. I did get some fall down using this palette but if you use a good primer base this will not happen, and I get fall down (fall out) from high end products too. I think this is a fantastic affordable eye shadow palette for beginners and makeup lovers alike. 

I really hope you enjoyed this post. Feel free to come find my FACEBOOK page or my TWITTER page. I will be making more posts like this soon! Please share this post with people who will love it. 

Laura x

Want more affordable palette reviews? Find the Sleek Sunset here, the Sleek V1 here and the Sleek Snapshot Here


  





No comments:

Post a Comment