Thursday 11 February 2016

V1 Sleek Pallet SWATCHES AND REVIEW



So I thought I would do a series on my collection of pallets. I have so many because I am totally a beauty addict. But I brought this pallet after my friend brought the beautiful Urban Decay Electric pallet and I saw how amazing bright colors could be. I'm not shy with color but like everyone I became obsessed with neutrals after the Urban Decay Naked pallets!!! I think I must own more brown eye shadow than anything else right now. So I really wanted to try a punch of color without the major price tag. Because lets face it that electric pallet is quite intimidating when you've been wearing nudes for a long time. 

So I went home and googled bright eye shadow pallets. This pallet popped up with the price tag of £7.99. I thought it was worth a try and if I didn't find the bright colors worked for me I wouldn't feel as out of pocket as buying the Urban Decay one at £38. This came from Superdrug, but you can always buy the Sleek pallets from their website direct. This is called the V1 pallet; it contains 12 matte shades in bright acid colors. 





Here are the swatches. The top row is on the left and the bottom row is on the right. I put these on a white base as this helps with any neon shades. I was so impressed with the pigmentation. The only one which I really struggled with the pastel blue shade. 

Top row: 
Bamm: Bright banana yellow 
Pucker: A dark baby pink 
Dragonfly: A dark green
Sugarlite: A true neon purple
Pout: A bright neon pink
Chill: A pastel baby blue


Bottom row:
Pow: A bright true white
Crete: Grey
Floss: Baby pink
Strike: A bright neon orange
Bolt: A bright neon blue
Cricket: A true bright green


I have loved using this pallet, it has been so much fun to create some amazing easy bright looks. I don't think the quality is the same as Urban Decay, but for £7.99 I do think this is a steal if you want to experiment with bright colors without needing a second mortgage. I find these blend well and all show up on a cream base which is white/ cream. 

I hope you enjoyed this post. Coming soon is the Too faced sugar pop pallet review, and the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani pallet review. 

If you liked this post please +1 or Comment, or if you can think of a way for me to improve my posts please let me know. I want to make these posts as good as possible. 

Thank you 

Laura x





No comments:

Post a Comment