Friday 22 January 2016

Sleek Snapshot Palette Review

It seems like every brand is getting into true color, with Urban Decay's Electric pallet and many other brands getting into super bright shades. Here is a really affordable pallet with all the wow of the mega brands, Sleek. This is the Snapshot pallet containing 12 eye shadows for £7.99, it is available from Superdrug, amazon and Sleek online. As you can tell this pallet is a well loved and used pallet in my collection. The sponge applicator is rubbish, and I only used to to make the swatches, but I don't use it to apply my makeup.

These shades are all super bright and they have a fantastic pigment. All Sleek products I have used have been fantastic, I have tried the blusher, mascara and eye shadows.
There are matte shades, shimmer and pearl finishes. They are really beautiful but still wearable, if they are too bright on their own you can always mix them with browns or beige.

This is the top row of shades, left to right: Tequila Sunrise, Hummingbird, Lotus Flower, Kiwi Flower, Martini and Summer breeze. All of these were very buttery but Summer breeze was a bit chalky which is the issue with almost all matte eye shadows. Hummingbird and Tequila Sunrise were so much brighter than the photo suggests. 


This is the bottom row of shades, left to right: Magenta Madness, Purple Haze, Green Iguana, Sunset, Washed Ashore and Sand walker. These were all so beautiful, they applied like higher end brands which is so surprising for the price tag. Many of the shades are beautiful but I did find Sand Walker to be almost my own skin color, but it would be a beautiful shade on darker or lighter skin. 

I really fell in love with all the colors, they are stunning on and there is something for everyone in the pallet. The super bright pink Magenta Madness is such a beautiful shade, Purple Haze is so funky and unique I have never seen a matte purple which is so pigmented and neon. The shades Sunset and Green Iguana are beautiful together, they really look like a tropical sunset over the sea. 

I have used this pallet a lot and have really loved it. It always makes me smile when I open up this pallet and see such beautiful shades like a holiday in a lovely package. I defiantly give this pallet a 4.5/5. The only reason I don't give it a 5/5 is because two of the matte shades are chalky.  

I hope you enjoyed reading this post, please feel free to comment. 

Laura x 








No comments:

Post a Comment