Thursday 14 January 2016

Lush! My review

Lush is one of my favorite shops! I feel like a moth following the light and find my feet uncontrollably walk me into the shop. I just cannot tell you how long I waited for a shop like Lush to appear! I am enchanted by everything. I love how interactive everything is. Finally there is somewhere where it it okay to sit and smell the roses. Every time I go there I come out with a glittery nose, and i'm unable to smell anything but Lush for a good 24 hours. That is fine by me!


I have got several items including some pictures from last years collection for Christmas. I also have some of their permanent collection. Their products range from soap, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, bath products, shower jelly, perfume and much more. They also do many items which are aimed at men such as beard moisturizer.  All their products are displayed in their shops in open stands allowing people to smell and try before you buy. This is their Snow Fair shower gel (right) it smells like candy/ sweets and is a beautiful bright rich pink color. I really love this. This is part of the Christmas exclusive collection. It comes out every year and is a really lovely bath time treat. The smell lingers long after your bath/shower has finished and is a really fresh fragrance. Their showegel really ranges in price but is considerably more expensive than standard shower gel, many retail at £4.95. 

Here are three bath products Snow angle (bath bomb), Butter bear (bath bomb) and Candy mountain (bubble bar). They all smell amazing. All three are part of their Christmas range. The benefit of the bubble bars is that you can use them a few times before it's all gone, although you can break up the bath bombs. Considering lots of these products cost around £4 personally I try to get a few uses out of them before they are all used up. 


This is their solid shampoos, this one is the Seanik bar. Before this I had never heard of solid shampoos, or used them. I had always had a liquid based shampoo product. Although Lush does carry a line of liquid shampoos I really love their solid shampoo as it is so unique. This product smells really beautiful and nothing like any shampoo I have ever used before. It left my hair clean but not overly dry. This is part of their permanent line and retails in Lush for £5.95 which is considerably more than many shampoo products on the high street. However, this bar seems to outlast many products and keeps it's fragrance even after it's been used. 

Other products I have tried- 

Bubble bars 
Rose Jam- £3.75
Pop in the Bath- £3.45
Creamy Candy- £2.95
Blue Skys- £4.95-One of my all time favorite product.
Brightside £4.95- So super fruity you smell like you're on holiday. 
The Comforter- £4.95- Smells like candy and flowers

Bath bombs 
Sex bomb- £3.50 
Think Pink £2.65
Tisty Tosty £3.50
Phoenix Rising £4.50- Smells amazing, genuinely one I love to re-buy.

Massarge bars 
Wiccy Magic Mussels- £6.50- really did relieve muscular pain 

Face 
Coalface- Face scrub- £5.25- My go to facial scrub every day, smells like licorice. 

Solid tooth paste 
Dirty- Toothy tabs- £4.95- Truly horrid, I would never recommend these their taste is absolutely horrible. Probably the only thing from Lush I have ever thrown out.  

Body cream
Karma Krem- £6.95- Smells very herbal and makes skin really soft. 

Shower Jellies 
Woosh- £3.75- Really fresh scent of herbal and citrus fragrance. 
Sweetie Pie- £7.95- Sweet and candy scented. 

All prices were sourced from- Lush main Page . Prices accurate when this post was made. 

The only products I haven't been happy with are the solid tooth paste which was dreadful, tasted horrid and made me feel rather sick, and the shower jellies, I just find them too hard to use properly. Besides this I have found that all the products are of good quality, don't causes irritation for my sensitive skin, and they are always consistent between purchases. I love the shops and really think this brand has an edge over competitors Bomb Cosmetics and various other brands. One of the things I do support is that their staff are so happy and enthusiastic, they are more than happy to help and this has been across several stores I visited. Furthermore, I have seen staff with extensive tattoos and piercings and feel this is a really positive move to promote acceptance of diversity. 

Lush makes for great gifts because who wouldn't want such a fun way to bath/shower? They can be costly, but most products are in most of our luxury budget range. I think for me if the prices went up too much more I wouldn't buy them as often. The list of products I have tried has been over a 3 year period. I love them as little treat on a Friday and always ask for them as gifts off family! 

I hope you enjoyed reading. 

Laura x

Want to read more? Read about cupcake soap HERE, or want cool unusual soaps click HERE














No comments:

Post a Comment